No, really, we did. Twice! I felt stupid when I accidentally sliced the cord to our new electric hedge trimmer the first time I used it this week, until I admitted it to dad and found out he did the same thing the first time he used it last month. Just so you know, when you cut a thick power cord that is plugged into an outlet it makes a pretty good spark/flame.
I don't know why it has taken us 33 years to buy a hedge trimmer, but it has. Well, the first couple of years, I'll admit, we did not have anything to trim so it made sense not to buy a hedge trimmer. But ever since then we have been truly missing out. We know that now. And boy, if I had had one of those things growing up it would have made quick work of the 200 feet of ivy I had to trim periodically! But really, it is so great to have I was able to get all yardwork in the front of the house done in a day, and all ready for spring. All the vines and shrubs are cut back and are going to look so pretty in about 6 weeks.
And I do apologize to any of you who had to trim our ivy all those years using hand clippers, but hopefully it built character and helped to make you into outstanding citizens.
No comments:
Post a Comment