So last night dad and I were trying to decide what to do for date night. Hmmm. K.C Cinemas, El Taco, or the Grill? I had heard there was a ribbon-cutting this week for a new taqueria, but I was not feeling that adventurous. There was nothing good at the three-plex, and we just wanted to eat some pink bean soup, so we went to the Grill.
Afterward we wanted to do something exciting (I mean, even MORE exciting), so in honor of the new taqueria we decided to drive through town and count the number of taquerias, and also count the variety/grocery stores. I put them in the same category because they all sell more than food (pinatas, anyone?) Actually, I could also count them as taquerias because most of them sell burritos and tacos, too. It was a fun activity. I kept the tally on the back of a bank statement.
We drove through the industrial park off Metz first, in case something had sneaked in there, but only saw the Chopper Shop deli, so that did not count. Then we went down Broadway to Vanderhurst, drove through the library parking lot and looped back onto Bassett via Third to catch the little stores there. In two blocks we counted 14 grocery/variety stores! This excited me and I could not wait to drive the rest of the way down Broadway. I had to make dad go more slowly because I was missing some.
Did you know the Chinese restaurant and the optometrist next door are now taquerias? And the detail shop and the old Reel Joy theater are now grocery/variety stores? One time I went shopping with Maricela and she took me to several places, because she has a certain place that has the best tortillas, another place for the best meat, etc. It was fun to go with someone who knew what she was doing.
Anyway, we went everywhere (in other words: all the way down Broadway), and by the time we were done we had counted 25 grocery/variety stores and 15 taquerias (but we all know which one is best)! Next time we are going to count beauty salons and auto parts stores.
No comments:
Post a Comment