Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Senility/genius setting in

     I recently began to realize I have a funny habit.  It is either a sign of senility or a sign of intelligence.  I tend to buy certain items in quantity because I am tired of losing track of them (okay, just losing them) when I only have one.  These are:  glasses, toothbrushes, favorite kind of pen (already documented on this blog), tweezers, and scissors.  There are probably others I haven't thought of yet.
     I only notice when they all show up in the same place at once.  I recently found 6 toothbrushes that had made their way into one bathroom.  I guess I buy toothbrushes when I am travelling and have forgotten to bring one, and they end up eventually in one of our bathrooms.  But I do like having a lot because they tend to show up in suitcases, purses, or glove compartments just when I need them.  I was kind of surprised when I realized there were 6.  Then I found 5 identical pens in my purse. That's when I began to think I might have a problem.
     Many of you already thought I had a problem when I ordered 2 pairs of glasses and lost one before I had even worn them.  Then I lost the second pair and had to get 2 more.  I have done this several times.  Twice in recent months Marsha has been riding in the back seat of my car on the way to the temple and discovered glasses behind the seat, so now I have 4 pairs in use.  Life is so much easier with 4 pairs of glasses, let me tell you!
     Today when I discovered 4 pairs of scissors in my office I began to ponder on this trend/problem/sign of senility/brilliant solution to aggravation.  Now I am remembering that they say genius is only a step away from madness, so there you have it.

No comments: